ST. ANDREWS HOUSE
INTRODUCING....Historic ST. ANDREWS HOUSE c1883
Formerly a stunning landmark church and only a few steps away from Blakes Manor.
Perfect for large groups and families, this DOG FRIENDLY* house offers the ultimate in fully appointed self-contained accommodation. Privacy, comfort and convenience in the heart of Deloraine with beautiful views of the Great Western Tiers!
The wonderful fully self-contained ST. ANDREWS HOUSE is the ultimate in comfort and convenience with all the charm and history of a converted 19th century property. Built in 1883, the fully restored village church was a popular meeting place for the early settlers in the township of Deloraine. TODAY it is a fantastic home away from home for travellers wishing to see Northern Tasmania in style at an economical price. Easily accommodated large groups of up to 13 people.
The first bedroom contains two comfy queen size beds with beautiful views of the often snow-capped mountains. An adjoining open plan lounge/dining room features three couches and a flat screen TV and DVD player complete with movie library and a cozy wood fire. Panoramic double glazed windows are mesmerizing and the views are wonderful. The dining room is perfect for banquets with a huge antique table seating up to 12.
The large modern kitchen is fully equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, electric oven, dishwasher and granite workbench for fun holiday and economical cooking! Coffee and tea are provided.
There is a family bathroom and full laundry facilities to make holidaying easier with a large capacity washer and clothes dryer.
The HUGE character-filled open plan church contains three sleeping areas. Thoughtful positioning of antique furniture serves to give privacy to two queen size beds and three single beds. An extra two single beds can be added when needed. The church also features a separate entertainment area with a large 10 person leather lounge and flat screen TV/DVD. An art-deco dining suite is another useful addition to the stunning church area. The cozy wood fire in the church is perfect for those wonderful winter stays.
You will enjoy the lovely English gardens at ST. ANDREWS HOUSE. The private courtyard is perfect for BBQs and outdoor cookouts and features a HUGE picnic table, BBQ and fire-pit for toasting marshmallows on those chilly nights! This area is fully fenced and safe for your pet dog while accompanying you on holiday. A fee of $30 per night applies to your dog and must be added as an extra child when booking. Please phone us on 0421029473 if you have a dog travelling with you. St Andrews is great for canine companions as Deloraine boasts great dog friendly walking tracks around the lovely Meander river which is just a 5 minute stroll away. ( see our DOG FRIENDLY GUIDE BELOW )
* FREE WIFI
* DOG FRIENDLY see dog policy below for conditions ( A fee of $30 per night applies to your dog and must be added as an extra child when booking,where the option to select DOG is not available. . Please phone us on 0421029473 if you have a dog travelling with you. )
* GREAT LOCATION IN QUIET STREET ONLY 2 MINS TO MAIN ST. SHOPS, SUPERMARKET, CAFES AND RESTAURANTS
* FULLY SELF CONTAINED MODERN KITCHEN
* FULL LAUNDRY FACILITIES
* COMFORTABLE BEDS FOR 11 GUESTS AND OPTIONAL ROLLAWAYS FOR 2 EXTRA PEOPLE
* TWO LOUNGE AREAS FEATURE FLAT SCREEN TVs, DVD PLAYERS AND MOVIE LIBRARY
* TWO WOOD HEATERS FOR WARM COZY NIGHTS AND AMBIENCE
* ALL BEDS HAVE ELECTRIC BLANKETS AND QUALITY BEDDING. ALL TOWELS AND LINEN PROVIDED
* TWO DINING AREAS PERFECT FOR LARGE GATHERINGS AND FAMILY FEASTS
* FULLY FENCED PRIVATE COURTYARD WITH BBQ, HUGE TABLE AND FIRE PIT
* OFF STREET PARKING FOR MULTIPLE CARS, CARAVANS OR BOATS
* IDEAL BASE FOR EXPLORING NORTHERN TASMANIA AND CRADLE MOUNTAIN
* ONLY 35 MIN DRIVE TO LAUNCESTON OR DEVONPORT AIRPORT AND FERRY
* STUNNING VIEWS OF THE GREAT WESTERN TIERS AND QUAMBY BLUFF
* DELORAINE IS CENTRAL IN TASSIE ..... CRADLE MOUNTAIN 90 MIN
HOBART 150 MIN
MOLE CREEK CAVES AND TROWUNNA WILDLIFE PARK 30 MIN
TAMAR VALLEY WINE ROUTE 40 MIN
PLUS... DOZENS OF CONVICT TOWNS AND HERITAGE AREAS TO EXPLORE NEARBY
** Dog Friendly Accommodation at ST. ANDREWS HOUSE **
Why leave the happiest member of your family at a strange, over-crowded kennel or with a stranger? We’ve seen a significant rise in the number of holiday-makers asking us to assist with their pets. So we’ve made every effort to ensure the “other” member of your family feels right at home. Simply call us on 0421029473 to let us know that you will be travelling with your dog. A fee of $30 per night applies to your dog and must be added as an extra child when booking, where the option to select DOG is not available.
While we have a few pet rules just like you would at home, ST. ANDREWS HOUSE is setup to make sure your pet is comfortable.
It is a good idea to ensure your pet has a collar on when they leave home so you can be notified when found if lost. When travelling it is handy to have an editable tag so at each place you stay along the way you can alter the address. Travelling with your feeding bowls and drinking containers gives the pet an added sense of security and more familiarity in their new surroundings. It is good to travel with a blanket for those cosy cuddles as pets are forbidden on furniture.
The facilities on offer in this local area provide for a dog friendly environment ensuring you have an enjoyable holiday with your four legged friend. With your dog on a lead with effective control, (unless at an off-lead park ) your dog is allowed in most public places.
DOG Owner Guidelines
( PLEASE NOTE : THIS APPLIES ONLY TO ST ANDREWS HOUSE. BLAKES MANOR SUITES ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR DOGS.)
When you are booking at ST. Andrews Deloraine you have an expectation that the place you book is genuinely offering a stress free stay for both and your pet. We welcome your lovable dog and have guidelines which are usually what you would follow at home.
Our Dog Policy
Please ensure your pet does not make any undue noise that may disturb neighbours.
- Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms.Pets in beds and on the furniture are not allowed.
- Bring towels for drying off your pet after the beach or a wash.
- You must clean up completely after your pet, including droppings from garden and hair in the house.
- Your dog must not be left unattended in the house under any circumstance. When you leave please keep your dog outside.
- Any damage is to be reported and compensated.
- You must not leave doors open for your pet when you leave the house. The house must always be locked when you go out.
- Please bring bedding for your dog, guest towels etc. must not be used for your dog.